Jess Hong is an illustrator based in Oakland, CA. She specializes in children's book illustration and all that is silly. She studied and received a BFA in illustration at the Academy of Art. She is fond of cats, noodles, and fine cheeses.
Jess creates her digital illustration work in Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop. For traditional mediums she uses watercolor and ink.
Awards/features in Illustration:
- Two pieces in Academy of Art Spring Show 2013.
- "Best In Show" award in Color & Design.
- One piece in Academy of Art Spring Show 2015.
- Six pieces in Academy of Art Spring Show 2016.
- Runner-up for "Best In Show" award in Children's Book Illustration.
- Second place for "Best In Show" award in Consumer Licensing Illustration.
- Published pin-up illustration in the Image comic Chew.